> Paul Stenquist wrote:
>
>> I use a solvent, which is probably similar to that on the site Shel
>> referenced. It's called Delta 1 OFR Oil Film Remover, and it's
>> formulated to cut oil, which is the major problem on lens surfaces.
>> And I use it with a microfiber cloth. It does a superb job, and it's
>> available at good camera stores. You'll also find it here: http://
>> cinemasupplies.stores.yahoo.net/de1ofrlecl20.html
>> On Nov 2, 2006, at 9:06 PM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

I experimented several "solutions", including immersing a filter in a soapy
lukewarm water, then rinsing it thoroughly.  I am sure the dirt was removed
from the glass surface but I still saw some streak etc.  Perhaps the wipe
cloth (and one of those Kodak papers) I used was not suitable.
Then I discovered a micro-fiber cloth sold under Pentax brand and it worked
very well.  Just wipe dry and the glass is clean.  I also use this for my
glasses (I wear it on and off because of weak myopia, and keep touching the
glass every time I pull it out) and the same effect, very clear glasses with
no mark/streak.  Or maybe I am too lazy to mess with any sort of solutions
;-).
Since then, I never used any sort of liquid (perhaps I should use it when
the surface is extra oily/greasy).  I am not a micro-fiber cloth salesman
and your mileage may vary of course.

Ken