Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Auftrag von
J. C. O'Connell
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. November 2006 04:01
An: 'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'
Betreff: RE: Best way to clean those difficult Multicoatings?

I forgot to mention, the reason I brought this up
is I just got an essentially NOS Auto Mamiya/Sekor SX
105mm F2.8 (M42) lens and had a hell of time getting the
surfaces really clean. Chaulk this one up as in the "difficult
to clean coatings" category. Awesome little lens BTW. Haven't
had the time to get out and try it and now the weather
has gone rainy for three days....

I know the build quality isnt up to Pentax Takumar
standards, but these Mamiya SX lenses are great performers
and very inexpensive on ebay usually ( not in this case,
as its a rare focal length and the bidding got up there ).
The only caveat is they dont have manual mode switches so
you cant use them on K bodies unless you are willing to do
something like superglue the aperture actuator pin in place
and make them pure manual aperture lenses forever. (ouch!)
JCO