Matt, I had an early Pentax 6X7, the one without mirror lock up. The
standard 105/2.4 lens was superb in every way. When I got a late model 55mm
I was even further amazed. Working in a chemical darkroom yielded beautiful
prints, color and black and white. If you are going to scan images the $500
class of flatbed scanners will do good work. It will take an expensive drum
scan to equal an optical enlargement when print size gets over 16X20. You
know to get a solid tripod and ball head and a bag of rocks to hold it down.
Even with MLU camera motion can be a problem because of the big horizontal
focal plane shutter.Eventually it was the weight of the gear that got to me
when I started doing more travel photography. I have a pair of lightweight
Fuji rangefinders in 645 when I need MF.
I have a good 90mm enlarging lens I'll part with if you are interested.

Good luck, Bill Lawlor