Thank you, Peter!

I tested the 645 with a set of NiMH batteries and the rear body cap
in place. It's been sitting a while so the shutter release was a
little reluctant for a couple of presses, but that's cleared up
now ... and

Wow! For a 645 SLR, the mirror/shutter is VERY smooth in operation.
Much smoother than the Hassy 500CM or Mamiya 1000s, from my
recollection. Quite impressive. The film drive motor is a little
noisy but that's to be expected. The controls are pretty easy to
figure out, although I'm reading the instruction manual before
committing to loading film. It handles very nicely, nice to have
metering in the body, etc.

Overall, a positive first impression... :-)

Godfrey