This is my first DSLR - the number of parameters one deals with in digital
photography as opposed to film, is a bit daunting; that will take some
getting used to before it becomes intuitive.

Numerous comments on this and other forums have mentioned the slow auto
focus of Pentax DSLRs, and compared to the MZ-S state the latter was faster.
I find the K10D to be significantly better than my MZ-S auto focusing in
poor light  ..that's a pleasant surprise.   Still new and lots to learn
about this camera ...but couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Mike.