Bruce, I'm grateful for your "approving" remarks. Thanks, seriously!
I'm pleased with the look of this shot. Was not foggy when I left home,
but this spot is about 25 miles away. Fog got so thick I turned on the
fog lights and took it easy on the levee road. Nearly turned around and
went back to my coffee and warm house, but remembered the times I kept
going and was rewarded for the extra effort.
In my original post, I said the aperture and shutter were unrecorded.(I
never actually write them down). I do recall the aperture definitely
being set on f/8 in Av mode and simply noticing that the shutter speed
was more than adequate. Probably around 1/300.
Slowly retaining more and more of the K10D manual and gaining some
confidence in PS.
BTW, can the HISTOGRAM be set in REC. MODE? I now check it in PLAYBACK.
Just set up an Epson R1800 and printed an 11x16 of this image. Needs
some calibration, but I tweaked it 'til I got something close to what I
wanted and only wasted three sheets of 11x17 premium photo paper.($$)

Jack