Play was MACHINAL - when he played my husband, it was just in a very
tiny vignette .  Later,
I got to play a larger role a few times when Renee Taylor had other
obligations __ I played her
(major) role when  she made her first appearance on the Jack Parr show.
 Later, I got to play it
a few times again . THe role was "the telephone operator" who, in one
scene was out on a date with
the character Bill played.  He also played the prosecuting attorney.

The play was loosely based on the Ruth Snyder murder case.  It was
produced first in the 20's and marked
Clark Gable's Boradway debut.

The production I was in was lauded for it's ensemble playing and won an
Obie for Gene Frankel our director
and Vincent Gardenia.  We won the Vernon RIce award for overall best
production.  this was 1960.

 Also in the cast were some actors you may or may not know but were great -
Art Smith, Florence Stanley, Gerald O'Laughlin.  Music was written by
Ezra Laderman.

Bill was grateful to me for pointing out a casting call where they
wanted a man with a "pointed" face.
Others might have copped an attitude.

It was the best of times and the worst of times... great memories for me.

One do get nostalgic on the brink of turning 70 :)

ann