Jostein Øksne wrote:

> IIRC, there was a mass demonstration this autumn in your
> particular capitol over all the commuters using big SUVs? :-)
> Anyways, I understand that pollution in City is coming down,
> and the total number of cars on the streets as well? Seems
> like a good development to me.

I'm a great believer in no cars being used where you can walk or otherwise
travel - buses/underground etc. I get truly hacked off with the attacks on
the larger vehicles as, A: I first owned them when they were deeply
unpopular for reasons of undesirability (and how I wish they still were) &
B: nobody seems to have the same attitude to the vast executive/sports cars
seen in our cities. I once was stopped in Camden by a crowd putting leaflets
on 4x4s, which one of them had supplies of on the passenger seat of his
Porsche 911. Hypocrites, no doubt jetting off around the world on holidays
with all the pollution that entails.

Anyway, Happy Christmas to one and all :-)

Malcolm