I visited my friend Marc Williams in his studio this morning. Marc
shoots a lot of ad work as well as some very artful wedding portfolios.
His equipment ranges from film Leicas (MP3, M7) to an M8, Canon Mark II
DS and 5D, a Hassy with a digital back, and a Mamiya RZ67 with a
digital back. In other words, visiting his studio is like a trip to the
toy store. Here's the Mamiya RZ67 with the Leaf 33 megapixel digital
back. In case you're in the market for one of these, the back alone
goes for 23,000 US:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5386311&size=lg
Here''s Marc shooting me. I shot him with the K10D and the DA 12-24 at
24mm. The stop was f5.6. The shutter was 1/6th of a second at ISO 640.
Shake reduction works:
And here's Marc's shot of me with the MZ67. I know it was ISO 800,
because he was testing an upgrade to the leaf back that eliminated a
problem at high ISO. The lens was wide open. I don't know what lens it
was, but I'd guess around 100mm. The camera was on a tripod, or more
accurately, an elaborate support system:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5386297&size=lg
Lots of fun.
Paul