I haven't stressed the K10D on night shots as yet, but I have did
some photos at ISO 800 and ISO 1600 of "Christmas In The Park", an
annual San Jose festival with lots of glarey holiday ornaments and
such. If I crank down on the images with Levels adjustment to the
tune of about 3 stops underexposure, I can see a little bit of
mottling/banding ... but this is so far off proper exposure and out
of the range of where I'd normally be working that it is not of any
significant impact.

Godfrey