Thanks for the comments!

Hmm. I went through the listing of my K10D shots taken to date and so
far about 60% at compensation 0, 20% at compensation +0.3, the rest
kind of evenly split between +0.7, +1.0 and +1.3. A few at +2, one or
two at -0.7. Compared to the *ist DS shots, where I find much more
than 60% at +.3 to +.7 EV, I feel the metering is much more accurate
and consistent for RAW exposures. I haven't done anything with JPEGs
at all yet.

Godfrey