On 12/31/06, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why wouldn't you want to buy a DA lens? In general, they seem to
> deliver better performance on the APS sensor cameras than the full
> frame lenses. Do you shoot a lot of film?

Paul, I opine that no DA lens, be it zoom or prime or even limited
prime of the new reduced image circle series (21, 40, 70) comes close
to the performance of original limited lenses (31, 43, 77). Of course
21 is way wider than 31, but I see no reason whatsoever to buy any
limited circle lenses. My lens collection suits all my needs
perfectly.

I don't shoot lots of film but I don't want to commit myself to the
decision that I consider temporary. Nor do I have any problems with my
full frame lenses - they are small enough, they are integrated enough
with all the bodies that I have, they work just fine for me.

Probably another way to say this is "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"
or "the better is the main enemy of the good".

Indeed, Dave is right. We've been through this discussion not a long
time ago. As usual my opinion may change in time, but I see no reason
to change it as of now.

Again, I am not trying to say that DA lenses are not good. I am saying
that FA Limited are excellent enough for me.

--
Boris