Listen to the new guy lecturing us.

Interesting but we've been over this umpteen thousand times.  Most of
what you're saying is known to even the most technically obtuse on this
list.

Very good 35mm lenses work well on the Canon FF digital cameras.  This
is testified to by the number of Pentax and other manufacturers ultra
wide lenses converted to EOS mount or used with an adapter by Canon
shooters in spite of the obvious limitations imposed upon them by doing
this.

Your arguments are known. Your conclusions are suspect, and your mother
dresses you funny.

By the way welcome to the list.

Bronek Kozicki wrote:
> Quoting David Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> On 1/2/07, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've got some samples I took in store with a Canon 5D and EF 17-40mm
>> f4 L lens. At 17mm & 40mm there is vignetting, but it's easily
>> treatable in the RAW converter. I think this says more about the lens
>> than the camera IMO.
>>

> it tells about the whole system - light leaving lens is hitting sensor under
> steep angle, and microlenses are only able to focus part of this light on the
> silicon. This lens might be perfect on film, but sensor is sensitive to
> qualities that film won't notice.
>

> B.

The more I know of men, the more I like my dog.
                        -- Anne Louise Germaine de Stael