> Fra: "Digital Image Studio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On 03/01/07, DagT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Well, I switched from OK to very expensive cables from the CD player to my
> > good old Audiolab amplifier and didn't notice much difference, but from
> > there to the ProAc loudspeakers the wires does, of course, get more
> > important.  There's a lot of current passing through them.
>
> I've got nice practical cables for my interconnects, inexpensive but
> good enough to be used for audio, video or digital data, I don't
> discriminate :-) However for my speaker cables I've used plain old
> Supra for years, it's good quality low impedance cable (which is
> ultimately all that matters).

I agree. They should have low and frequency- and current-independent impedance
within the range suitable for the speakers and amplifier, and the easy way to
achieve this is to make them thick.  My cables are constituted by two pairs of
fairly thick wires positioned so that they make a quadropole.  I think the idea
is that they make a very simple coaxial cable which does not generate to large
external field, but the most important thing is that they can get a lot of
current through without rising the resistance. I think my amplifier is capable
of pulses at 8A and I'm sure the cables can take a lot more than that.

DagT