The *ist DS only has the mirror lock up when used in 2 sec Self Timer delay
mode.  When the IR Remote Control is used the mirror lifts just before the
shutter opens - presumably the same as with the D.  You can, of course, use a
wired remote with the 2 second self timer to get the mirror lock up feature
with remote shutter release.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters