> As simple as I can make it:
>
> With the DS built-in flash
> - P-TTL works with A series and all AF lenses.
> - flash operates full output, unmetered, with pre-A lenses used in
> manual exposure mode (so you can control the aperture).
>
> With the DS and an AF360/540FGZ dedicated external flash
> - P-TTL mode works with A series and all AF lenses
> - TTL mode works with pre-A series lenses.
>
> The one case I have not checked is to use a pre-A lens in Av mode and
> see if that works with P-TTL. It might, because the lens will ALWAYS
> be wide open ... the camera can make the exposure evaluation with the
> pre-flash before lifting the mirror.
>
> Godfrey

        Thanks for the clarification.  I was confused due to the typo for
the -DS and comparing it to the -DL manual, etc.  It makes sense that a
P-TTL flash wouldn't work with pre-A if the preflash is taken before the
mirror lifts.

        Stupid no aper****-coup***...

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *