Hello...

Just wanted to introduce myself (again).  I was once a subscriber to PDML
back a few years when I was shooting film with my Pentax PZ20.  Then I made
the switch to digital (a Sony S85).  I spent about 3 years or so with that.
It is a good camera, but I wanted my SLR back.  I enjoyed the immediate
response I got with the digital, no more waiting for development, etc.

I've been itching for a new DSLR for a while.  I've been planning on how to
get enough money to make the plunge.  I looked at the *istD series, but
price and timing weren't right.

When Pentax introduced the K100D I finally saw my opportunity.  It has what
I need, not over the top, price in line, compatibility with my current
lenses, shake reduction and a $50 rebate to boot.  I did much searching
online for the best price, read reviews, looked all over for images, read
the archives on PDML, etc.

I finally got things in order.  I sold some stuff on the web, made the Christmas
request for money instead of gifts (well received by all) and purchased the
K100D kit from bestpriceaudiovideo (best price around as well as fast and
free shipping).

I'm back taking pictures for me again (as well as the obligatory family
photos).  I'm getting my bearings with an SLR again (ISO1600/3200 - wow I
haven't seen those days in a while).

I'm shooting mostly in *** JPG but have attempted some RAW processing.  I'm
still working the kinks out on what RAW gives me as well as how I am
supposed to post process.  I am using PS Elements 5 with the RAW plug-in for
the K100D.  Any help on work flow would be appreciated.

As for my participation on the list, I'm mostly a lurker and will try and be
involved when I can.  I'll even try to post some PESO's "every so often" ;-)

I am currently using Google's Picasa for web hosting my shots - does anyone
have a better 'free' hosting site?  How do you like Flickr?  Suggestions are
welcome.

I have started a PAD with the new camera - not sure how long it will last
(it might become PAW instead at some point).

--
Thanks!
Ed

http://picasaweb.google.com/ewkphoto