Thanks for the comments.  Yes, these are hard to
shoot, and I deliberately chose a dark day to
eliminate the problem of white turbine blades against
a bright sky.  I hoped that the tracks through the
field in the foreground would "lead the eye" into the
photo.  The problems are that these things are widely
scattered, and rather static at the shutter speed
necessary on a blustery morning (too windy for
anything less than a 10kg tripod; maybe the K10D would
have managed at 1/20 or so had it been available!).

Re wind power: I found these devices very intriguing,
and did a good deal of reading about them.  The main
problem is that the wind blows least when the power is
needed most (a hot, humid summer day), and blows the
most when power is needed least (a wet 4C November
morning).  So, power companies have to keep lots of
capital tied up in fossil-fuel-burning reserve
capacity, and that's not attractive.

Rick