One way I do hot chocolate is to use Pernigotti Cocoa
(pure cocoa power), you can find some at
Williams-Sonoma, and sugar in milk.

You can mess around with how rich to taste but a good
two heaping tablespoons of cocoa, same amount of sugar
in a cup of hot milk is just about right.

Dial in the amount of sugar to your ideal sweetness.

-Brendan