On 1/11/07 9:20 AM, "Digital Image Studio", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So if Pentax is doing as well as everyone suggests why do they
> continuously resort to hideous rebate schemes? Why not just set
> appropriate prices?

I thought you were claiming that they set the price deliberately low :-).
Rebate programme is as common as dog sxxx in streets.  Everybody does that
for whatever reasons.  So why question? :-).  At least they are not jacking
up the price.
Perhaps K100D is now dated.  One thing I am a bit worried about is a fair
size rebate for 3 Limited musketeers.  There has been a constant rumours of
them being discontinued (I do not believe so, though), and I have yet to buy
a 31mm.
Otherwise, I do not care much about why they are doing a rebate programme.
The cheaper, the better.

Ken