I like the use of HDR under two conditions.  First, when used as a
gentle mechanism to help improve the dynamic range without making the
image look gimicky.   And second at the other extreme, to create artsy
effects that are intended as such.  I.e. if you take it to the extreme
and do something to it like use the watercolor filter in PS to create an
abstract-like image, then I like it.  This second option IMO should not
be intended to represent some type of photography, but as a separate
form of art, almost like painting.  To me it has a certain appeal.

rg

--
Someone handed me a picture and said, "This is a picture of me when I
was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. "...Here's