My sister in law asked me to scan some old 35mm slides, which of course
is no problem. But I wasn't expecting 35 mm _square_ exposures:

http://www.markcassino.com/temp/IMGP2607.jpg

That's a modern 35mm exposure on the right.

She also had several medium format 6x6 cm slides, probably taken in a
TLR of some sort. Are these 35mm square slides some format I never heard
of, or are they perhaps crops from medium format transparencies?

Fortunately, the Epson flatbed should be able to scan these slides - the
Cano-scan would chop off the tops and bottoms.

- MCC

--
Mark Cassino Photography