On Jan 13, 2007, at 19:23, Tom C wrote:

> One last image.  Very little post processing and presented as a
> vertical
> crop.  Hoped for better but this is what I got.  Comet McNaught as
> it sinks
> over the Owyhee Mountains

I found I got the best contrast on the darned thing if I put it into
Photoshop, switched to LAB mode, and worked on the intensities (in
just the LEVELS layer) with the levels tool.  Click the "white"
dropper, and select the center of the comet to make it as bright as
possible.... then worked on the gamma so that some of the tail was
visible in all that mess.

It seemed to do the best job of making it stand out.  How'd you do it
(if anything), Tom?

  -Charles

--
Charles Robinson