Lucas, have you tried Haspel Camera Service in Rotterdam?

Henk

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Lucas Rijnders
Sent: 16 January, 2007 7:19 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Pentax repair in the Netherlands

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:22:39 +0100, Frits Wüthrich
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 15 January 2007 11:51, Lucas Rijnders wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In December I sent two zooms with falling damage (FA 28-105 powerzoom
>> and
>> F70-210) to Pentax for repair. I promised to report back on the
quality
>> of
>> the service:
>>
>> The good news is they were fairly fast, exactly one month in the
>> holiday season. The bad news is the FA will cost more than its value
>> (set at
>> €250,-) to repair, and the F is unrepairable, as there aren't any
spare
>> parts available since 1998...
>>
>> --
>> Groetjes,  Lucas
> Two years ago they fixed my FA100-300mm 4.5-5.6 power zoom, it
> couldn't
> focus
> to infinity anymore. Thy used a fixed repair price og somewhat less
then
> 100
> euro, and repaired it well, it still works.

Pentax Benelux BV was liquidated last April, and a new importer (the
former Nikon importer) has taken over. That's partly why I reported my
experience: it might be of interest to others in or near the Benelux.

By the way, They still quote the fixed price on the website, but
apparently can't always honour it.

--
Regards, Lucas