On 1/28/07 8:26 AM, "Tim Øsleby", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What do you who have used SR for a while say? Truth or myth?
> We have had the theoretical debate, but what does practical use tell us?

I have both.  Comparison between CCD shift type and in-lens type is still
being hotly debated everywhere.  But that's not you are asking, I believe.

I would think that in-lens IS might have an edge over CCD shift type for
longer FL, mostly because in-lens method gives you essentially a TTL image
IS, i.e., you can see how image is being stabilized.  This would be an
advantage in steadying a long telephoto during focusing.

Ken