On 2/21/07 5:53 PM, "Godfrey DiGiorgi", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> there
> are two of those on the market today, namely the Leica M8 and Epson
> RD-1. They give you that kind of responsiveness.

Yes, these are the ones I really want, even over DSLRs for everyday shooting
(no macro, no telephoto).
However, they are awfully expensive and IMO, not worth the money (excellent
cameras but not worth $2~3000 etc).
If 4/3 camp offers a rangefinder, I will buy it in a heartbeat (provided of
course the price is reasonable).

I often think SLR design is too much of a dinosaur, although I am fully
aware of their place in photography and use them a lot.

Someone here recently said that he looked at G7 but sensor was too small.
In many case, G7 type design with larger sensor and better image quality
would be more convenient in many situations.

My ideal combo (mind you, I am a hobbyist and fortunately do not have to
earn money for grocery by photography.  Photography is fun as long as it
stays as a hobby :-) would be;

645N for deliberate location shoot and portrait in my garage studio (using
it less and less these days though)

K10D with 21mm and 70mm DA plus coming two 2.8 zoom, mainly for macro (I do
a lot), telephoto (which means to me over 150mm in 135 :-) plus somewhat
more formal shooting

An upscale rangefinder (interchangeable lens) with APS size sensor for walk
about and everyday shooting

Canon SD450 (a digital elf) which I replaced with G3 for complete
portability.  Throw it in hip pocket and always available.

That's all.  I have other hobbies and cannot afford to spend much more :-(

Ken