Folks have been talking about this for a while. All the rumors hurt my head. ;D

Frankly, as far as all that goes, I'm perfectly happy with my original
Marki 1Ds. I know Canon's got to continually be coming out with the
next biggest and baddest, but I still get annoyed at all the marketing
hype.

On 2/21/07, Adam Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> They just announced the 1D mk III. It's got a few interesting bits.
>
> Live view. Yep, you can have the mirror flipped up and frame with the
> new 3" LCD (with 5x and 10x magnification), no delays for shooting
> either (unlike the Oly and Panasonic in Mode B Live View). It will also
> do live view via its wifi transmitter, so remote cameras can be
> controlled wirelessly by a laptop.
>
> 14 bit colour in RAW mode. I expect this will quickly become the new
> standard over 12 bit RAW's.
>
> The wireless transmitter can also be hooked up to USB harddrives for
> extra storage. Yes, now you can shoot directly to your P2000, no cards
> involved, just a long enough USB cable.
>
> They also updated the 16-35L (Hopefully it's now sharp across the entire
> frame) and the 580EX flash (Gets PC Sync and an Auto-Thyristor mode to
> make it almost as capable as the Nikon SB-800 and Pentax AF540FGZ).
>
> Who's next?
>
> -Adam

~Nick Wright
http://blog.phojonick.com/