On 3/02/07 3:15 PM, "Vic Mortelmans", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> The point was that I observed many people, including some with what
>> looked like real cameras (if you know what I mean) using the popup flash
>> on this event.
>
> No I don't... I thought that real camera's didn't have pop up flashes?

If certain models of Nikon are real cameras, D200 has a pop-up and Nikon is
on the record that they will try to keep pop-ups as much as possible.
Some of the pop-up has GN as high as 17 or so (ISO 100) and quite usable if
you want.  The problem is you can't use it for too close a distance because
of lens vignetting yet not strong enough for longer distance.
But it's very handy in a pinch and that's all the reason for it.
I am trying to make it more useful for better diffusion.

Ken