Bong Manayon wrote:
> Just curious, has anyone "accidentally" detached their lens from the body?

I once lost a lens belonging to my father that way - it fell off the
body halfway up a mountain and was last seen bounding down towards the
glacier far below.  I comforted my father with the reflection that it
would probably reappear at the bottom of the glacier in a few hundred
years' time, by which time it would be a valuable antique.

I always assumed that was my fault for not mounting it properly though.
  (The human brain mostly packs up and goes home without you when you
get above about 5000m...)