On 3/08/07 4:27 PM, "P. J. Alling", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I could mean anything, more empty space, more electronics, larger sensor
> therefore larger prism to cover it.  Who knows.

True, and I have no interest in Sony DSLR anyway.
But as a speculation game :-), they might come up with a larger sensor DSLR,
like 1.1 crop factor in a desperate effort to regain the market share eroded
by the sagging sales of alpha 100.
However, these pics which they call a flagship look awfully like a mockup.
Pentax used to use this tactic :-).
But if they actually adopted an FF or closer size sensor (they are rumoured
to have it ready), then there might be FF stampede.
Who knows, as you say...

Ken