On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 03:27:24 -0400 (EDT), Lawrence Kwan wrote
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, William Robb wrote:
> > I downloaded a chart that some guy with a D70 made. It's printed off on an
> > 8.5x11 sheet of paper. I used the 31mm, at about a 2 or so foot range.
> > I haven't checked focus with any other lenses yet, that will be my project
> > for tomorrow.
>
> There have been some criticism about the above chart using a 45
> degree angle method.  I have no idea whether those criticism were
> valid, and some claim that this would introduce errors and force FF
> or BF.
>
> Another chart http://www.geocities.jp/pen_pen_pentax/focus/ was
> "claimed" to be better as the focus target was vertical.
>
> I would also like to know if these test charts were better or should
> we use real life objects.
>
> Another word of caution is the lighting.  Users have noticed
> variation whether you are using daylight or tungsten light.
>
> --
> --Lawrence [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.vex.net/~lawrence --
> --Tungsten T3 Enhanced DIA Keyboard----Nokia Ringtone Convertor--

Ah, now that's the chart I have that I mistakenly thought William was using.
I'm very curious now, focus shifting between 14mm and 31mm, I think my K10D
may get seriously interfered with in the not to distant future.

John

The information transmitted is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received an email in error
please notify Carmel College
on [EMAIL PROTECTED] then delete all copies of it from your systems.

Although Carmel College scans incoming and outgoing emails and email
attachments for viruses we cannot
guarantee a communication to be free of all viruses nor accept any
responsibility for viruses.

Although Carmel College monitors incoming and outgoing emails for inappropriate
content, the college cannot
be held responsible for the views or expressions of the author.
The views expressed may not necessarily be those of Carmel College and Carmel
College cannot be held
responsible for any loss or injury resulting from the contents of a message.