> From:
> "Bill Owens"
> I think, Bill, that he was referring to the part from the airport to
> I-85. Think as someone who hasn't a clue of what is what and where is
> where. Since you worked there a million years or so, you ought to be
> able to give those directions. I have driven that 10-12 times and am
> sure I could not do so as to make any sense to an outsider. It is
> confusing as hell.
>
> -graywolf
>

> Granted, I worked at the Charlotte airport for about 10 years.  However,
> living in Gastonia, I seldom had reason to go from the airport to I-85.
> This being the case, I can't be of much help other than to say follow the
> signs to I-85 North.
>
> Bill
You come out of main terminal area on RC Josh Birmingham Pkwy. The only
exits off RC Josh Birmingham Pkwy are onto Billy Graham Pkwy.

Get in the left lane and you'll loop over Billy Graham Pkwy and merge
onto it going north. Billy Graham Pkwy crosses over I-85.

Exit right just BEFORE the I-85 bridge for I-85 N to I-77.
Exit right immediately AFTER the I-85 bridge for I-85 S to Gastonia & US
321 N.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=Charlotte%20Douglas%20Airport

or

http://tinyurl.com/2b3vsd