On 18 Oct 2001, at 16:57, Geoff Moes wrote:

> Does anyone know what the maximum shuter length is on the LX on
> auto. I have read somewhere (the manual I think) that it is 250
> seconds, however, I also remember reading on the web some one
> sayingthat they did a 45 minute exposure on auto.  Also is this
> something that changed over course of production.

Hi Geoff,

The LX metering is specified to be accurate to 125 seconds in auto but has
been proven my many list members to be far more capable than that
specification. I believe Pål Jensen has made many 30+ exposures using an
LX and I regularly use mine in situations where the exposure in in the order of
5 to 10 minutes.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA