I don't have K100D, but I've been using *ist DS for almost 2 years.
I've been using a protective film. I couldn't find the right size,
so I bought a pack of larger ones - suitable for one of the Palm PDA's,
and was cutting the right sized portion using scissors.
Depending on the weather and usage, one can last for several months.

I think I may be overly cautious, but it doesn't bother me,
and it adds some protection.

Igor