On 09/05/07, Bruce Dayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been buried under with work and have only been able to follow the
> list lightly.  The thread about objective/subjective perceptions and
> comments has been rather interesting.  So I guess you all can look at
> this shot and choose to comment or not <grin>.

Well I'll break the "rules". Technically it's definitely too dark,
it's not underexposed, any more exposure and the flower petals would
blow out but it definitely requires application of curves to bring the
foliage up to a normal brightness. The fat leaves appear to be Pigface
so I know they should be a lot lighter in colour, the flower doesn't
appear to be associated with the majority of the foliage so as a
botanical shot it's a bit ambiguous. For a compositional standpoint it
doesn't work for me but neither do most of the shots I've made of
similar subjects ;-)

Cheers,

--
Rob Studdert