>honestly, I've traveled quite a bit since 9/11 with tons (literally!) of
>camera gear and have had no issues, hasels or delays.  Even the 500mm
>lens, 2 bodies with battery grips and the 300mm lens plus laptop, power
>supplies, batteries, charges etc. in the carry-on was not a problem.
>
>I agree that most of the "security" measures are ineffective and and
>most likely easily thwarted but, whatever, they have never been a
>problem for me.  I find that if I don't worry or stress about it, air
>travel is pretty simple and easy.  I watch people get all stressed and
>complain about seat assignments, security "rules" etc. and they seem so
>miserable.  Me?  Believe it or not, I'm pretty stress free when it comes
>to traveling.
>--
>
>Christian
>http://photography.skofteland.net

Same for me.  Was doing it for every week for 4 years. A breeze when you do
it often.

I get more upset about the self-checkout lines in the supermarket.  I'm
constantly ahead of the machine and it tells me to put my item in the bag,
when it's already there and I'm scanning the next item. Or it appears to
arbitrarily decide that it needs cashier assistance when I've done nothing
out of the ordinary.

Tom C.