I asked the obvious question of Pentax and received the following
response:

Jack,

I can assure you that the delay in images accepted or on hold as
nothing to do with Pentax and Hoya activities in Japan. It is business
as usual for us here in the US and we do not anticipate any changes.

The judges for the photo gallery have had very busy schedules and
haven't had the time to look at some of the more recent submissions.
Additionally, the Photo Gallery is still under development and not in
its full working version. We are currently in the process of adding a
artist voting function.  This will give the accepted artists in the
gallery the opportunity to vote on submissions by other artists to
determine if their images will make it to the final gallery. Also, we
are working on "skinning" the site in other languages so it is truly
and international community.

Thank you for your concern, but everything is going well here. We look
forward to receiving more images.

John Carlson
Product Manager
PENTAX Imaging Company