> Silly stuff. I don't wear advertising. :-)

I would never expect a utilitarian dude like yourself to wear anything of the
sort, Godfrey.  Me, I'm just irrationally drawn to Pentax.  When I get this way
over something, I tend to go all-out.  It's rare that I do this, for which my
wallet is grateful.

> Good to hear you have gotten to the cause of the problem, John.

Well, we'll see what happens after surgery when the replacement part comes in.
I did manage to get the computer to boot by using a PCI hard drive controller
card, so I'm really not sure what the hell's going on right now.  I may just
get a mobo and replace that, too, just to be sure.

> When/where shall we do a NorCal PDML gathering?

I'm thinking late August or September, preferrably in a relatively cool
location (somewhere on the coast).  Marin Headlands come to mind, as I was just
reminiscing about the overnight trips to Battery Alexander I went on with my
Boy Scout troop back in the day.  There are lots of old structures in that
area, and pretty coastal landscapes, too.

Any other ideas?

John Celio