I think I might keep a copy of this in my camera bag:
http://www.sirimo.co.uk/ukpr.php

it summarises the law as it applies to UK photographers. The page
includes a link to the equivalents for the US and Australia. In a
security-guard-who-thinks-he-knows-the-law situation you could give
him a copy, offer your name and address, and tell him that if he wants
to take the matter further he should contact your lawyers (Theriault,
Grabbit & Runn of Toronto).

--
 Bob