The first time I went to Shaftesbury a few years ago I deliberately
didn't go to Gold Hill - it's such a photographic cliché. This time,
though, I thought I'd better get it over and done with. Luckily I was
about 30 minutes too late to get the best light, so I took the
mandatory shot and had done with it. It is a very lovely spot though,
and St. James at the foot of the hill is very, very beautiful.

That first advert reminds me of my mother and her sisters and brother.
There are 5 of them, brought up in a Bradford terrace in the 30s by
their widowed mother - real urban poverty in those days. One of the
stories they reminisce about is being given a farthing once, so they
bought a stick of liqourice between the 5 of them and all had a lick.

Lixury!

Here's a slightly better quality version of the Ridley Scott advert,
showing the light a bit better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFLBvLxLJMI

--
 Bob

"The search for the man who terrorizes nudist camps with a bacon
slicer goes on. Inspector Lemuel Jones had a tip-off this morning, but
hopes to be back on duty tomorrow."

In the Swedish Chemist: (Heavy faux-Swedish accent);
Corbett: Ah wood like to poorchase some dee-o-darant pleese.
Barker: Surrtanly, surr, ball or aerosol.
Corbett: Needer, I want it fur my armpits.

--- Ronnie Barker