Bill,

It's 'tilting at windmills.'
Spent a lot of time doing that during the Vietnam era.
It was mainly a waste of time.  Nothing changed.  War didn't stop.
And that was important stuff.

Pick your battles, pick how you try to affect change.
The suggestion of 30 photographers all taking photos of the guards was great.
It's the kind of guerrilla activity that would stir things up.

Police states are a bad thing, but we are still not there.  Most
policemen are not to different from you Bill.  They are keen observers
of their surroundings and pretty good at social interactions.

Vote, run for office if you want to make a difference.

Regards,  Bob S.