I just did a comparison of the two lenses.
http://www.brendemuehl.net/images/Compare35/

It seems that the A35/2 has a slightly longer focal length than the
Super Takumar 35/3.5.
Center image results are nearly identical.
Looking at the complete image, the ST may have a bit more curvature
toward the corners, maybe some coma.
(I might test for that later).
The sand in the mortar shows more contrast on the ST.  (Though that
could be from a slight variation in exposure.)

Overall, the old screw mount holds its own rather well against the A lens.
I wonder how it compares to the F/FA versions.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
http://www.brendemuehl.net
http://evangelicalperspective.blogspot.com
http://evangelicalinteraction.blogspot.com
http://philosophyforchristians.blogspot.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
                                                 -- Jim Elliott