I haven't been very active on the PDML lately, but I do try to browse
the archive and half way keep up with you all.
Here is a recent shot I thought was a nice capture

http://i.pbase.com/
o6/87/63987/1/81261177.gmwcxIHL.PieBilledGrebe1062407.jpg

Even with the long zoom (FA*250-600/5.6) I found I had to be pretty
stealthy to get into a position to make a few capture of these
skittish birds.
Since it was an overcast day I figured I'd better take Joe's advice
and use the tripod. Seems like the results are quite a bit better
than hand holding the huge lens; at least in less than optimal
lighting conditions. Captured with the K10D, processed in Lightroom
and CS3. Comments & critique welcome as always.

Thanks,
JayT