I use exactly the same setup to print B&W or Color from Photoshop CS2
on Mac OS X. The Print W Preview dialog and Epson R2400 printer
dialog settings are detailed here:

   http://homepage.mac.com/godders/R2400-CS2-print/

Only changes in recent months is that I have some of Epson's optional
paper profiles for Enhanced Matte and Velvet Fine Art available now.
I find very very little difference using them compared to the
original profiles shows in this page.

(I tested using Best Photo with High Speed turned on and off. No
difference on an A3 print that I could see, but it took twice/three
times as long to print with it off.)

I've never printed with Glossy paper or the Photo Black ink with this
printer, always with matte papers and the Matte Black ink.

Godfrey