William Robb wrote:

>The area around Leadville is also well worth a visit. Take oxygen
though,
>you are up close to 10,000 feet.

Where we're staying is at 8750 ft and we'll be doing several hikes well
above 10,000. Probably two or three "fourteeners", saving LaPlata, my
favorite, for late in the week as it's a tough one. Makes Attic Window
at GFM look like a stroll in the park :)

Mount Elbert is the tallest in Colorado but it's a pretty easy hike. In
the past we've done that on our first day, without acclimation and no
problems, so we might do that one again as a warm-up for the serious
stuff ahead.

I just discovered that one of my musician friends is living in Colorado
Springs, so we might try to get together with her some time. The social
calendar is filling up already...