Hey Bill -

> The cut-back hours thing sounds like a mixed blessing, I hope it works out
> OK.  I'm serious about a signed copy, so please let me know when I can get
> my copy - Noted Michigan Artist, etc.

No problem on the signed copy - I'm getting a batch of 20 books in next
week, and can get sign one and send it on to you or get it to  you next
time we meet up. The only problem will be finding a Noted Michigan
artist to sign it :-)

> By the way, I've been planning a trip to the Allegan State Game Area this
> summer, to see if I can get some images of the Karner Blues. Last year, I
> got myself involved a DNR-sponsored effort to reintroduce them on this side
> of the state, at the Petersburg State Game Area, so would like to see them
> in their regular habitat. Your advice on the how and where would be
> invaluable.

I know some great spots for Karners in the Allegan Forest - but the
season is getting late. I haven't seen any yet this year but I have not
hit the one or two spots that I know of where they are locally dense.
The one time I went looking for them a few weeks ago a bunch of guys
were shooting skeets in the best place.  I'm always reluctant to ask the
skeet shooters to stop so I can checkout the butterflies...

The season is running late - so you'd have to get out there pretty soon
to catch them this year. To be honest - this is about as late as I've
ever seen them (third week of July) though my field guide says they are
out till mid August.

Allegan can be a pain on weekends because that is when all the gun nuts
are out shooting, but if you are free this Saturday, I'd reckon that to
be your best chance of to get them this season. My schedule is clear in
case you'd like to head out.

Later -

MCC

--