"HUDERER Bernd" wrote:
>the voltage of the flash capacitor in the old Metz 45CT1 is maximum 350-360
>Volts. The sync. voltage can't be higher than that as it is derived from
the
>capacitors voltage. This is true for most of the older flashes.
>The newer version 45CL1 ( L like Low sync voltage; there's an additional
>thyristor used for triggering ) has a voltage of about 10 Volts.

        Personally, I wouldn't risk a flash like that on my Pz.  When I got mine, I
embarked on an EE quest of designing a low-voltage flash trigger circuit for
my existing flash for fun -- it too had a 350V trigger voltage.  After
frying an SCR in my trigger circuit, I realized that there was a _negative_
voltage applied to the pins immediately after firing.  I like to believe
that the discrete-part 600V SCR I was using was significantly more robust
than the one built into the PZ chip given I knew I was to be switching 350V
and it expects only about 5-10V.
        I'll grant that my El Cheapo Quantaray flash probably isn't a good of a
design as the Metz, so maybe you'd be OK with it.  The risk is yours to
take, if you so desire.

later,
patbob ([EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED])