If I were to suggest anything, it would be to strive for backgrounds
that are more uniform in tonality. Although as one who has chased many
roddlers trying for a shot, I know you sometimes have to go with what
you can get

Good point, I didn't even notice that.  I may see if I can't phtoshop
that into a more uniform shade.  This picture was taken in color, with
many colored toys behind her causing a lot of distraction, so the
change from color to B&W was really such a difference I didn't even
notice that.  Thanks so much for pointing that out, and for your
compliment - maybe next time I'll think to kick all the toys out of
the way or something!

rg2