My Optio 330 has been on permanent loan to my dad for a few years.  I
use it now and then when I want to shoot underwater pictures since I
have the UW case for it.  A few months ago, my dad said that some of the
images looked "weird" and asked if I knew why.  Looking at the images,
it may be that the sensor is shot, but some (75% or so) images come out
ok.  Granted, the camera is over 5 years old so maybe it's reached its
useful life.  Anybody have any ideas?  (I've used different memory cards
and batteries with the same results). Samples below:

good:
http://tinyurl.com/ytboyk

bad:
http://tinyurl.com/yra8cs