I have 'abused' an F3 to the point that it and the winder had to be sent for
repair. The winder could not be repaired!

Now as to the LX, a few here can attest to the appearance of my 'original' LX.
I have had mine in rainstorms, snowstorms, and sandstorms.  They have been with
me at archaeological digs and bouncing in the back of pickup trucks.  Shall we
mention the UH-1 rides over Central America or the Albermarle Sound?
I could go back and figure out which ones have gone in for repair.  Only one
has ever had the 'sticky mirror' problem - and I bought it in that condition!
But overall I would have to say that my LXen have been hardy and pretty to look
at - even before I reskinned a few of mine :-)

Cesar
Panama City, Florida
in Baltimore, Maryland